Registration for School Year 2023-2024 is currently open.
Our C.A.R.E. (Children’s Activity and Recreation Environment) Program is available for children enrolled in CFSD elementary schools, grades K-5. In C.A.R.E. a secure, supervised learning and playing experience is provided to enhance the quality of the time a child spends away from parents and the classroom. C.A.R.E.'s relaxed atmosphere welcomes children giving them an opportunity to develop a sense of belonging in a positive afterschool community.
C.A.R.E. is offered at each elementary school site and is open during the school year from 7:00am to 6:00pm, Monday through Friday (excluding certain school holidays).
For more detailed information on the C.A.R.E. Program please see the CARE 2023/2024 Parent Handbook, and the CARE FAQ’s section below.
Call us: (520) 209-7548 Fax#: 209-7575
You must be registered in the CARE program to schedule a calendar.
All calendar scheduling is now done online at https://cs.cfsd16.org/care
- Calendars are due Sunday night before the week of use.
- CARE is a prepay program, no drop-ins will be accepted.
- Your child will be considered “scheduled” only after you have completed the calendar AND online payment process.**
- The 2023-2024 rate will be $6/hr.
- Overtime, unscheduled or late fees added in the office will reflect in the balance due and will be required to be paid when submitting your calendar.
- **If you schedule online and have not completed payment your calendar hours have not been submitted and your child will not be on the schedule.**
- If you experience difficulty or have problems with online scheduling, please call us at 209-7548.
If you need to make schedule changes after the calendar deadline, please call the office, or email email@example.com.
- 2023-2024 CARE days calendar
FAQ's for School Year 2022-2023
1. What are the hours C.A.R.E. is open?
The C.A.R.E. Morning Program is open from 7:00 to 8:00 am and the C.A.R.E. Afternoon Program begins at school dismissal to 6:00 pm, Monday - Friday. On full days of C.A.R.E. we are open from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm. For scheduling purposes, the C.A.R.E. main office hours are 8:30 am - 5 pm.
C.A.R.E is open during most school half-days or closed days.
2. What will I pay for C.A.R.E.?
Each account created will require a $75 non-refundable registration fee payable upon registration. A $45 fee will be charged for each additional child. . Hourly fees for the 2023-2024 school year are based on a rate of $6.00 per hour.
3. Do I have to register every year?
YES. Registration takes place online at: cs.cfsd16.org. For any questions please call 209-7548.
4. When and how do I register?
Registration is currently underway for the school year 2023-2024. If you have an existing account on cs.cfsd16.org you will not need to create a new one. Once logged in you will need to create a new registration per school year.
5.Scheduling once schools in session.
For 2023-2024 beginning with the July calendar you will be able to schedule up to twelve weeks at a time at the rate of $6 per hour. Care will open July 24, 2023.
6. What if my calendar and payment are late?
If your child's schedule and payment are not completed by Sunday of the prior week of use there is a $15 late fee per account.
7. Since I am registered, can my child attend an "un-scheduled" day at C.A.R.E.?
Yes, however, you will incur unscheduled fee charges as well as possible late charges. Refer to the C.A.R.E. Parent Handbook. Read about "adding Days" and "Canceling Days". Or you may call the C.A.R.E. main office at 209-7548.
8. Can I make changes to my calendar once it has been submitted?
Yes. For details please refer to the C.A.R.E. Parent Handbook. Read about “Adding Days” and “Canceling Days”. Or you may call the C.A.R.E. main office at 209-7548.
9. What if I am running late and do not pick up my child at the scheduled time?
You will be charged for the additional hours your child will attend, at the rate of $6 per hour. If you are not able to arrive by the closing time, 6pm, you will be charged $2 per minute per child.
10. Do you provide a snack for my child?
Snacks are provided in both the morning and afternoon programs. If your child requires an additional snack, you may send one with him/her.
11.How does the teacher know where my child is supposed to go after school?
A list of children going to C.A.R.E. is given to the school office and to each teacher. Your child’s teacher will call the names of the children scheduled for C.A.R.E. and will then dismiss them to go to C.A.R.E.
12. My child is in Kindergarten, How do they get to C.A.R.E.?
All Kindergartners will be escorted to and from the C.A.R.E. program by an adult..
13. My child would like to take a Community Schools class but is also enrolled in C.A.R.E. How would this work?
We offer the service of escorting your child to and from on-campus activities. To advise us you may download and complete a C.A.R.E. Activity Information Card. Please note you will still be required to pay the C.A.R.E. hourly rate. For more information please call the C.A.R.E. main office, 209-7548.
14. You must schedule by no later than Sunday evening before the week you wish your child to attend.